Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a tiny set back today

for me its major cause I didn't ever want another one of these things...... my body is rejecting the pick line which is in my arm for up to 6 months and you can do multiple iv lines and get blood from them so I'm not being poked every ten mins. my blood has clotted all the way around the line which goes pretty close to my heart and the risk for a stroke is too great....... I just hated getting it done because it stings like a mother and the bruise is the worst bruise ever...... but in the long run I'm glad I'm getting another one cause its sooooo convenient...... wish me luck! Ill let you know later how it goes..... keep praying xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh melis! You poor thing, my aunt is also in the hospital, at UCSD, and she had a PICC line put in yesterday. We are praying for you, I've been here with her and my family, before every few days, but now everyday, just like you, she's been in here for 2 weeks. So keep your chin up and if you need some conversation, I'm free all day:) 949-246-5128, text, call. P.s. You must be grateful for your iphone, it's been keeping me connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said a prayer that you didn't have to have a new one put in, but that the doctors use their best judgment.

    And look... it's better than before!!

    Baby's kicking like crazy! He misses his Auntie Melis!!

    xO love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear Melissa - sorry to hear about the setback -- you keep smiling and keep up that wonderful, positive attitude -- and we'll keep praying. What's your favorite color?

    ReplyDelete