Sunday, May 17, 2009

So I finally broke down and shaved my hair off....  Well I didn't break down I really had almost no pony tail left and what was left of it was one big knot so I just decided I'm done with this and chopped it all off!! And as I was chopping  away we had an earth quake pretty perfect timing if you ask me... its just crazy that it will be a month tomorrow and we have had more earth quakes and I feel them all in this month than we have had in a long time!!!! my counts are 13.8 and my platelets are climbing up super fast and its official just a couple of hours and I get the all dreaded bone marrow test!!!! But best news of all is that I got to see Roxie today!!! She was not nearly as excited as I was actually they only time she came near me was when I was giving her beef jerky yes I had to bribe her to come near me ...we had a moment she cried fora second and then I think she remembered I have left her for a month but I think when I get home she will warm up to me in no time...whether or not she was happy I was soooooo HAPPY!!!



XOXOX Keep praying!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to see Roxie, I am sure you miss her so so much, When you get home, she will warm up in no time, just keep those beef jerky's coming her way!!!!!
    I am sorry to hear about your hair, I just loved your hair, so beautiful, but you know what it gonna grow back in no time.......
    Good luck with the bone marrow, everything will work, and keep those platelets going up girl,
    You are doing great girl.......keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - when your hair grows back, it will be more beautiful than before, and when you move on from this chapter in your life, you will be more beautiful than before -- inside and outside!
    God is watching over you, He always has been -- seek Him daily for your strength and peace!

    With love, Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you look HOT with a shaved head! I want to see a picture:) you are so brave and I am so happy you get to spend time away from the hospital. Take care we love you so much!

    ReplyDelete