Pour the Heavens with prayers!!! XOXOX
Monday, June 22, 2009
Surgery
I'm having Surgery tomorrow on my lungs well my left lung.... they want to know what exactly these spots on my lungs are and between the broncoscpy (spelling) and the needle biopsy everything has come back negative... they wont start me on chemo again until they know because If (and fingers crossed its not) a fungus and it could just be scar tissue they do not want the fungus to spread like wild fire.. here's where we come into the confusion part where we all are now... nothing has grown on cultures and yes that takes a few weeks but they cant even get anything on a stain and the spots have gotten much smaller to the point where my infectious doc who was very against the chemo again until they knew what it was says he can manage it on chemo and when I'm off and my counts drop!!! And although he is amazing it is basically putting my life in his hands because if the fungus grows once again IF it is a fungus It would kill me and kill me fast! So this open biopsy they will know alot if not everything from what it is is the make a one inch inscion and staple my lung then they make a little cut on my lung and collapse it the staples are so that its already stapled up for when its over they ten go in and cut the infected area out catch it with a little net and put a chest tube in to make sure everything drains out and that will hopefully only be in for a couple days. I will have a breathing tube down my throat and that normally comes right out after while I'm still asleep that's just to help the right lung preform he says since I'm not a chronic smoker or even a smoker at all I should have no problem. They should have results with in 24 hours. Then later on in the week I will have another surgery on my chin! While I had the fevers and everything going on with my lungs I grew a little absest it was huge and has gotten alot smaller for the antibiotics its now about a golf ball ... They could just drain it and hope it stays away but f they surgically go in they can clean the whole area and leave a little tube once again in to drain any left over fluid if they just drained it with a needle it runs the risk of filling back up when i go off chemo if there was an infection there. I had another bone marrow biopsy done Sunday yes only a week apart this one was done by the head of oncology which let me tell you was the easiest one yet to date I dint even have to scream for my 10 seconds of pain because there were no 10 seconds of pain...yes I did have a very generous nurse who gave me some pain meds right before but she said it wold only help a little not take away everything but his doc has 37 years of doing these so I think hes has it down to a fine art!!! I told my normal doc he was fired from doing them!!! So were are waiting to see if anything has changed in a week! My counts are all still amazingly normal!!! So we have to get all these things in before they drop or I go on chemo!! So as Mother Theresa or Monica my nurse would say.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying that everything goes smoothly today. You're in good hands.
ReplyDeleteLove you times a million xOXo
My prayers are with you...and especially with all of the wonderful people caring for you. Keep smiling! Keep the faith! The Heavens are being filled to capacity with all of the prayers (and that's just Pennsylvania)! We love you, Carol
ReplyDeleteMy prayers and heart are with you Melissa! Keep the faith and I will keep up with my prayers and positive thoughts! Big hugs girl!
ReplyDelete