Wednesday, April 22, 2009
So heres how it went and it went fast!!!
OK so ill give you a quick lil side note on how this all started.....I got super sick fever all that good stuff about three weeks ago, went to the Dr. he diagnosed me with walking pneumonia and told me I could be down and out for a couple and so I called my work and as wonderful as they are they figured everything out and covered for me. So I was going back to the Dr. every other days to moniter the fevers and see if anything was improving.... nothing was so he ordered so xrays and blood work (which in my 24 years of life had never had blood taken)(Monday April 20Th 2009) So the Dr. called me early Monday morning and said my blood work came back abnormal that instead of going back to the Dr's office that I should go the emergency room so I called my mom told her to come get me I need more work done and it would be faster with better results if it was through the ER. So as far as I knew I was going in with pneumonia and possibly staying for a few days on how bad it had become and a few short hours later the Er Dr. dropped a bomb that will forever change mine, my families and friends lives....I have acute leukemia ...... I had bone marrow taken right away and here's where the waiting begins. We are waiting for one last test result and I start massive Chemo the second the results are in..... I'm super positive I have an amazing family my Mom never leaves my side the best friends any girl could ask for!!! I feel really really good I have no symptoms and other than this damn pneumonia I feel good!!! So I'm making this blog to keep everyone updated on how things are going...I will be in and out of the hospital for then next 4 months mostly in for about three weeks at a time , but its much easier to update this than text and call a million people a day!!! So I need all the prayers and positive thoughts you guys have!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am happy to hear that you are so positive about the whole process. Keep it that way! Should you need anything please let me know.
Obet
Meliss, you are a fighter, we are gonna get thru this, with all of our help, especially Mom and Dad, and Johnny, you be strong, you fight, for everything you got, I am here for you and your mom and dad and Johnny.......keeping you in my prayers.........I LOVE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteMeliss, Are you in the hospital right now? Where are you? Can I come to see you? Of course you are in our prayers. Love you!
ReplyDeleteDenise (Bekah's Mom).
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!Hope u have a fabulous day! I will be getting Scott on this 2day asap..he's gonna love it! C ya later !
ReplyDeleteLUV YA!
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteIt was difficult to get up this morning and not go directly to your new apartment with the view. I've been thinking of you all day. It sounded like yesterday was a bit more difficult, but I know you can handle it.
You are amazing!
PS. Don't forget..........
Winslow is there to make sure that you do all you can to make this difficult journey successful.
Love Ya!
Aunt Mary