Thursday, April 23, 2009
AML M1
So that's it that's the final diagnosis and I'm getting hooked up to my first batch of chemo any second! How it goes is I'm getting two different meds which are too crazy to spell but its the standard they give you anywhere I get them well one for seven days and the second for three of the 7 days.... then I wait in here for about 3 weeks to build up all the cells they have knocked out of me and go home for a week. I then come back for my second round which is just the 7 day meds wait three weeks and go home for a week and do that one last time! I'm in a great place my doctor is wonderful!! I have already had some blood transfusions and platelet transfusions which really went well!! They will know alot after this first week when my cells start growing back if they are growing back healthy!!! Oh and you know how much I love Britney Spears Im gonna be bald like her for awhile and even more exciting i get a fresh start with my eyebrows!!!! So wish me luck today!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melis, I had no idea! I kept checking your status cause you said you had pnemonia and I've been praying for you! I will continue to pray for you and put you on every prayer chain! Please let me know if you need anything! I know you have a wonderful family and friends, but still, ANYTHING! Keep your positive spirit!
ReplyDeleteBritney ain't got nothin on you!! We're shopping in Beverly Hills for only the best. Rodeo Drive sound okay to you??
ReplyDeleteLots of Love and Kisses from DJ & Mommy!
Hey you. The Bearskin and Barron Families are thinking about you constantly! Keep your chin up Sweetie! H
ReplyDeleteMelissa you are so strong and so brave! My thoughts & prayers are with you! This experience will forever change your life and you will walk away stronger and more compassionate than ever! I hope and pray for a speedy & healthy recovery! If there is ever anything you need...a yummy meal while you are getting treated, a friend to keep you company or just someone to vent too, you can call me.
ReplyDeleteWarm Thoughts!!!
Laura Estrada
Britney doesn't hold a candle to you in so many ways. Keep up the good spirits!!!!
ReplyDeleteDenise
Hi Melissa - many, many people in Pennsylvania are praying for you along with Jim and I. We love you and trust in the Lord to get you through this. Go get yourself a nice "buzz" haircut! You will remain in our prayers daily.
ReplyDeleteAunt Carol
Hey Sweet Girl!
ReplyDeleteNever in my life have I seen someone so courageous and gregarious! You truly are an inspiration to me, and I thank you for your example. Please know that you have not left my heart or thoughts since I received the dispicable news Monday morning. Please kick this leukemia once and for all ASAP and I'll meet you and Nic at the District lounge, yeah??
Love and Prayers,
THE VIRGIN (aka Ash)
xoxoxo
Thinking of you Melissa!
ReplyDeleteI don't know many people who have gone through chemo, but I imagine that it demands you to dig into some of your deepest reserves of spirit to endure this part of your journey. I hope you know how much you are loved and I hope that patience and serenity offer themselves to you in as many moments as the day as possible.
We are all keeping you in our thoughts and sending warm energy from our hearts your way.