Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Its been awhile

Sorry Its been awhile.. I came home just after New Years and headed to Seattle. We got lots of info and its safe to say I know why they are the #1 place.. They really know what they are doing... Lots to think about lots to figure out.... I head back to Cedars this week and we will see where we are with the matches and decode if I will go back into St. Joes for another consolidatin round to make sure I stay in remission... I have 9 potential matches so fingers crossed I learn more about how close to perfect if not perfect the are. This last round was very fast I ended up coming home just a little over 2 weeks which was so nice!!! Although is was a very eventful and not in a good way round.. I ended up getting a staph infection from we are thinking my picc line... it clotted just as chemo ended and they puled it out and with in 24 hours I had a 103.1 fever for about 4 days.. I swear fevers are the worst part of this whole thing they make you feel terrible.. Then the day I was going home they found that my left lung which is where I had part of it removed before grew a fungus again :-/ not the best thing to happen before the transplant so I came home with an iv and Nurse mom hooked me up for about an hour and half a day!! She is pretty amazing! So hope that brings everyone up to speed!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in kid - Doc Farriday's famous "IV (bag a day) Joy Juice" for infections will cure anything that ailes you. All of us are thinking of you. Love, Mike S.

    ReplyDelete