Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas right where I am suppose to be!

I'm sure everyone is asking about how I'm feeling and like I told a great family friend a second mom this is right where I need to be... Don't get me wrong it does suck... But it sucks just as much as any random Wednesday..... Christmas is about the ones you love for get the giving and receiving of gift as fun as that it its all about the love of family and that wont change as we we will be celebrating this perfect holiday in the hospital. My bro and I have never not woken up on Christmas morning together and we wont this year... The honey baked ham will be cooked brought over and it will be an AMAZING Christmas... not to mention my second family here at ST. Joe's!! This is where I need to be to be able to have 50 more Christmas' I think it's an incredibly small price to pay to work at getting my life back!!

So here's an update form what went on this last month.. I met With Dr. Lim at Cedars to see about having the transplant there and get it going... I've met with him before and totally loved him and get no bad feelings I have my own nurse and she is just as great I deal with here more..... My heart wants to be a Cedars my Dad and Brother would be right here and I could see them all the time!! I know though my Dr. who I trust with every inch of me wants me to be in Seattle so Seattle I will go... for a consult and who knows I could get there and just know its the one....

Since the Transplant is about 6-8 weeks out I needed to have a consolidation round of Chemo so I checked in this morning debated and getting my love/hate picc line or go thru an IV the whole time.... I chose the picc line because my veins I'm serious they hate me they hide when the see needles coming at them or they just blow out so my only hope it that the line just last the week I'm on chemo then we will deal with the veins..If I would have waited and had an Iv and it blew its must riskier to have a picc line put in so for now we will be best friends!!!

I started chemo at 11 am and this is a high dose round so I get it at 11 am for 2 hours and 11pm for 2 hours I have a day off and then 12/19 12/21 same thing... So far today no nausea so no complaints!!!


SO please please keep the prayer coming!! Love to you all!!!
And I'm hoping to keep up more on the blog this time if fingers crossed the nasua from last time stays away!!!

Have a very BLESSED CHRISTmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Melissa, My thoughts and prayers are w/ you!!! Stay Strong!!

    ReplyDelete