Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Here we go again!

So the first time you hear you have cancer its shocking to say the least and there is not much time to even comprehend whats next you just kinda roll with the punches. The second time its a huge punch in the stomach.... So hear I am back in the hospital... Long story short I had some abnormal lab results two weeks ago that looked more along the lines of a viral infection and my Mom was really sick and I felt fine (still feel fine) and so we just decided to re-check again in two weeks (last Monday) So on Friday my Dr. called me and said that my blood work showed the Blasts (cancer cells) and that I would need to check into the hospital to have a bone marrow biopsy.... He gave me the weekend and we decided on Monday morning I would check in. So I took full advantage of my last weekend for a couple months and I had a great weekend with so of the best friends a girl could ask for... I was admitted at about 6 am yesterday had the biopsy and now we just wait... Since we have no idea what is really going on... A couple positive things are since I went into remission so easily last time I will more than like just receive the same rounds of chemo I did last time since well they worked and kept me in remission for about 16 months and a great 16 months I might add! Secondly is because I was in remission for 16 months they don't imagine it being as aggressive as the first time... So I do the 3 rounds of Chemo and then head around to couple of different transplant programs and get started on a bone marrow transplant! I really don't have any information and probably wont for a few more days so until then were just sitting here!! So please keep myself and family in your prayers!!!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update mel. Its awesome how positive you are about the stuation and I truely believe that's what beats this. Stay positive and know that you guys are always in our prayers. Cancer picked the wrong women to f with. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, sorry to hear that you have to go through this again but you will do fine. The Saturday "Chowder Group" at Watson's all send their best wishes and love to you. You're constantly in our thoughts and you will always be our "Pinup Girl". Love, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong! Im here if you need anything... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for restarting the blog. I know it must be difficult to keep us all posted - you have so many who care deeply about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa - you are a ROCK and you encourage my faith more than you can imagine! Stay strong, know that prayers are going up all over PA and MD. Keep love and good thoughts in your heart always and minister to those around you whenever you can.

    I love you, Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hold hands in prayer for you and lift you up every day. We have never met, but you are a part of my family's life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for updating us, we love you and our hearts and prayers are with you. Uncle Rob and Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be in my postive thoughts! Stay Strong and smile =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, my family sends our prayers out to you. Keep up that fabulous attitude, know you're loved by so many. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you for keeping us updated : ) Take care!
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa,you are always in our thoughts and prayers,hang in there baby we have heard how difficult this round of chemo has been.Jamie signed up to be a bone marrow doner and gets her kit in about a week to see if she is a match. miss your smiling face accross the street. we love you,tha Abrahams

    ReplyDelete